Failte mó chara, and for those not of the Irish persuasion, it means Hello/Hi my friends. Just like the word ‘repo’ has the meaning Repository, a place where app packages of all kinds are stored, and NOT reprocessing! which is what happens to the car when we miss the monthly premium.
So, as an introduction to this new category in the Zuphorian Blog, I will list below some of my favorite repo’s for my iDevices. These can all be entered into Cydia and used to obtain those hard to find packages that really extend the basic use of your iDevice.
Now I am assuming you HAVE Jailbroken your iPhone, iPod or iPad, and the next thing to do, will be to add a repository to Cydia other than the standard ones installed at the time of Cydia install. This is quite a simple process, but for those a little vague to it, here is a step-by-step guide to aid ye;
- Launch Cydia by tapping on Cydia icon from your Springboard.
- Here’s the Welcome to Cydia screen.
- Tap the Manage Tab available at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, Tap on Sources section to get the list of Cydia sources.
- Here you will see the list of Cydia sources as previously “Entered by User” and “Installed by Packages”.
- Tap on Edit button on the top right.
- After that you will see the Add button appear at the top Left of the screen.
- By Tapping the Add Button as shown above, “Enter Cydia/APT URL” popup will appear – as image below.
- Here you can add your desired Cydia Source/repo.
- After entering the Cydia Source press Add Source button.
- It will sometimes start verifying the Source URL. – [It also gives a warning about adding Sources, click Add Anyway.]
- Wait until Cydia downloads and updates the sources list.
- When done! Press the Return to Cydia button.
- You can now see, there’s a new Source/Repo added to Cydia Sources.
- By Tapping the newly added Source you will find a list of packages available in that source.
The source/repo we used in the above example is called ‘myRepoSpace‘. myRepoSpace is the premier free Cydia Hosting Website. Simply Upload your .deb iOS packages to send it straight to your very own Cydia Repository. You need to enter into Cydia the following;
You can also visit their forum @ http://www.myrepospace.com/.
At the beginning of this post I promised to share with you, some of my favorite repo’s/sources, so here is a small list to get you started; Hope you find them as resourceful as I have!
http://cydia.hackulo.us/ : [This is Hackulo.us’s official Cydia repository.]